Software Engineering Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ComE 522 - 2009 Manila Tour

+11
Justine Chua
tridescarf
Kristine Largosa
AdrianDBorja
AngelieG
p1d
sweetie_dhar
voomer
glad011
odee2004
AMadz
15 posters

Go down

ComE 522 - 2009 Manila Tour Empty ComE 522 - 2009 Manila Tour

Post by AMadz Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:05 am

Post your reactions here on the 2009 Manila Tour.
AMadz
AMadz

Male Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-01-05

http://usccompe.net.ph/apmaderazo

Back to top Go down

ComE 522 - 2009 Manila Tour Empty Re: ComE 522 - 2009 Manila Tour

Post by odee2004 Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:35 pm

Rodrigo C. Talingting Jr.

The Computer Engineering Batch 2010 Tour was held last March 2009 to April 2009. The one week tour
destination were Manila, Southern Luzon, Subic and Baguio. For me, the tour started when we went to the
Cebu Airport and boarded a Cebu Pacific flight headed to Metro Manila. We arrived in Manila a night before
our scheduled meet up with the tour guide. Fortunately one of us has a sister living somewhere near the
Airport so we end up staying on her apartment for the night.

We visited many company during our one week tour around luzon. I do not remeber all of the company
but i will mention some of them. During the educational tour we also went to the different sightseein places
around metro manila and other provinces.

Our first stop was in Makati City. The city with tall buildings and busy traffic was our home base
for our four days stay in Metro Manila. One company that i can remember was Meralco (Manila Electric
Company). The people from Meralco had a slide show on what the company does and how they do it. They also
had an open forum after the slide show for us to ask some questions. Another company that we visisted was
Cisco (Cisco Systems, Inc.) where they also had a slide show. We were able to see their big Servers.

Another memorable company that we visited was Microsoft. Since i am a software engineering major
i was really looking forward to it. Like the other companies they also had a slide show and discussions during
the visit at their company.

We also went to Sun Microsystems, Cutting Edge, Maxims and more.

After the company tour we went to Mall of Asia, Wowowee and Enchanted King. Then we made a quick
overnight stop to Clark and Subic and eventually headed north to the country's summer capital, which is
Baguio City.

After the tour i stayed two more days to visit relatives and went back to Cebu.

The one week tour was really memorable. Spending most of the time inside the bus and the hotel. Eating
in different restaurants, visiting different companies and going to different places. Fun, Sightseeing and
education in one week.

ComE 522 - 2009 Manila Tour 1_276811

Last edited by odee2004 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added tour picture)
odee2004
odee2004

Male Number of posts : 9

http://prosedatabase.freefronthost.com/

Back to top Go down

ComE 522 - 2009 Manila Tour Empty ComE 522 - 2009 Manila Tour

Post by glad011 Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:53 am

Gladessa Bongcaron

We had our batch tour last March 2009 at Manila. It was a one week stay at Manila, we were able to visit different companies that deals with computer technology and semi-conductors. It was very beneficial for us especially that we are computer engineering students, it is in line with our interests. We visited a lot of places in Manila. We stayed at a certain hotel located at Makati.

Some of the companies that we visited were Sun Microsystems, Maxim, Microsoft, Meralco and lot more. We were able to learn a lot from those companies, it gave us ideas on how things work especially when it deals with computer technology. Although we visited companies, we also had our leisure time by visiting famous spots in Manila. We had a stroll at the SM Mall of Asia, we did a lot of things there especially that it was our first time there. We strolled, ate, and took our pictures there. We watched a movie from their famous Imax cinema. After a tiring day of visiting different companies, at the end of the day, we were given the opportunity to enjoy our stay at Manila by letting us explore the city.

After Makati, we went to Baguio, we had a lot of fun there, and we bought souvenir shirts. We visited the famous PMA. We enjoyed a one day stay there, by exploring the place, enjoying their Burnham Park. We rode on their boats and also took lots of pictures there. After was Subic and Tagaytay. We enjoyed it there by partying until midnight. It was a really memorable tour for the batch. We were not only able to enhance friendship but also camaraderie. It was very educational for every one of us, since we are about to graduate and have jobs of our own. We can apply everything that we have learned from our tour when we will have our own jobs at the future. We can further enhance our capabilities as future engineers by being able to apply what we have learned from our tour.

glad011

Female Number of posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by voomer Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:28 am

Robert Abarabar III
BSCOMPE-DSD 5

I was excited about the CompE Batch Tour 2009 after classes for second semester of 2009 has ended. Since the flight to manila I took was very early in the morning, I had to wake up early so that I would not miss the flight. I was riding Bus 2 with Engr. Christian Maderazo as coordinator, Sir Dandy and also with Sir Bong, son of the owner of Executive Express, as our tour guide.

On the first day of the tour, first company we visited was Microsoft Philippines. Microsoft set a session to present to us their new innovations and gave us licensed keys for Windows Vista which was a new release for them at that time. They also introduced Windows 7 which is to be released at the end of the year and it was really released before the year ended. Next was Meralco, which introduced to us their new projects and what the company is all about. They presented a video of the establishment of Meralco in the early years, and the different CEO’s of the company from time to time. They are also looking for computer engineers at that time for their projects like detecting areas automatically in which there are problems like there is a blown up transformer in a place and instead of transferring data for electricity consumption with the use of fiber optics, they are using radio signals or transmitters for faster data transport. On the second day we visited Cutting Edge which is an animation company which makes audiovisual productions like animation, TV and radio commercials, corporate AVPs, music videos, educational DVDs and sound design or soundtracks. They are also the one who created the animation movie “Dayo” which the Philippines first digital full-length video and was an official entry to Metro Manila Film Festival. Although the movie was not been supported by many Filipinos, they still believe and still inspired to make new ones that will inspire a lot of Filipinos and realize that we are also capable of doing such things here in the Philippines. Cutting Edge uses latest digital tools in generating their products and which we had been given an opportunity to try and use them. After Cutting Edge we visited the Mall of Asia (MOA) since the company visit for CISCO systems was postponed. It was my first time in MOA and it is huge compared to the malls here in Cebu.

On the third day of the tour, we visited the kapamilya studio of ABS-CBN. We had a tour of some of the studios of ABS-CBN where some shows of ABS-CBN takes place. But the most awaited moment that my batch mates and I was the noon time show “WoWoWee”, which is lively viewed on television whole around Philippines and even on some foreign countries. I could not believe that I was not actually viewing “WoWoWee” on a television. After kapamilya studio was Enchanted Kingdom where I and my batch mates had a lot of fun. Actually it was my first time in Enchanted Kingdom and was amazed by the environment and with the structures. It is a nice place spending your time for fun. On the fourth day of the tour, we visited companies Hitachi and Analog Devices. Hitachi Philippines currently makes wafers that are being used for microprocessors. Analog Devices test ICs being produced if they functions normally and checks for problems. On the fifth day we visited CISCO, Sun Microsystems and Maxim. Maxim also makes and tests ICs being produced with more products to ensure the stability of profit for the company. We all know CISCO and Sun Microsystems, Sun Microsystems for their innovations and CISCO Systems for their training about networking and security.

We departed for Subic late afternoon and stayed there for a night. The place was so quiet and only few people roam around the streets. The day after it, we departed for Baguio. But stop at sites while on the way to Baguio. When we arrived at Baguio, it was already night and the place was so cool and even the day after it. I had a lot of fun and it was very memorable for the things that happened on our batch tour.

voomer

Male Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

ComE 522 - 2009 Manila Tour Empty Batch tour 09

Post by sweetie_dhar Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:14 am

Martil, Darelle
ComE522-Mon2:30-3:30pm

The batch tour was one of the unforgettable experienced in my life. An experience that would forever linger in my memory for it was a moment wherein I shared wonderful bonding with my close friends. Good memories prevail when you’re spending it with the people who are dear to you, so that was why even the tour cost a lot but the moments you had with your friends revoked all the subsequent thoughts. Wonderful places are nothing if it is just spent alone, so it’s really worth it having your friends with you enjoying all the moments and all those wonderful views.
Also, during the tour I had learned somehow to be independent. Knowing how to be more mature and responsible in all my course of actions. No parents who could nag me if I did wrong choices. In my situation, who’s always depending all things to my parents, the tour was a best practice for me to be more responsible and independent in lots of ways. In moments of money matters, I was really having hard time how to handle it well. I wasn’t really well trained how to deal with it, but then somehow due to the tour I had managed to perform it.
Company visits and seminars were the core of our tour. During those visits we had met few alumni in USC, Computer Engineering students too who were under before of Engr. Bandalan and a few non-Computer Engineers who came from USC. It was good to see that there were people who are successful engineers having a good time working in their field and of course, as a Carolinian alumni. It gave me an inspiration to work hard to also fulfill my chosen endeavor as an engineer someday.
At first, when the batch tour was planned I was anxious to go due to financial aspect. I thought the said tour was just a requirement for the 522 subject but then now I realize that though it cost me a lot I had also gained more, more mingling moments with my friends and knowing more of my batch mates. Friendly relationships were even more established as the tour progressed, it was a chance for us to get more acquainted with each other. Then in the end, the experienced was totally remarkable, an amusing way of getting acquainted.
During the tour I never felt bored, we usually had sleepless nights. Most of the time we spent our dozing moment at the bus, during the time we were heading for our company tours and visits. When we were at the seminar we usually fall asleep due to less sleep. Well it was an enjoying moment having nightlife, nightlife not on bars but on swimming and an endless chatting with friends. When the tour ends it’s as if we had built a family, a family who cares for you in all ways. It’s a different feeling from your own family because it’s always an easy way to share with friends.

sweetie_dhar

Female Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by p1d Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:28 am

Jayag, Alfred Ray D.
BSCOMPE 5

During the end of second semester year 2009, we had a batch tour in Manila. We departed on the last days of March. The tour aimed to exposed us on how companies managed, their ethics, how they choose employees, what are their ideas of a good employee, the benefits you get, working environments and others. The tour also showed us some tourist spots of Manila and other surrounding cities and we even reach Baguio. The tour also gives the history of the cities, even histories of a building that is significant to the development of the city or something that is somewhat significant for the people living in there.

To mention a few, the companies that we visited include Sun Microsystems, Meralco, CISCO and others. Those I mentioned is the company that is for me gave the best ideas and learnings. First is the Sun Microsystem and CISCO, these companies imposed on us on how important certifications are on our field. They showed us on how to acquire these certificates, the examinations that we should take, and the surprising amount that it cost, and its expiration and maintenance. Certificates are categorize depending on the field you want to specialized, like the Sun OS, Administrator or networking. SUN and CISCO had levels of certificate and had its prerequisite in order to proceed to higher levels of expertise. They also showed us that certificates on last about 2 years since we all know that technology development is so dynamic that almost every year new technologies arises and so we should also update our minds the prove it through renewal of certifications. The other company that leaves significant thoughts on me is the Meralco. It is this company that showed us how a company really works on the real world that is indeed apart from our idealized world. It is here that showed me how companies solve problems, and that is, it is mainly based on the cost of your solution. Even how grand your solution will be, if it cost too much that it would not seem equivalent with the problem it solved or somewhat higher than cost of the problem then it will not be implemented wherein in our training all we had to do is to find a solution to a problem regardless of other factor than solving the problem to pass the subject. Meralco also showed me that we should be always open for any job and other opportunity that is afar or beyond our field of expertise. They revealed to us that the description of their best employee would be those that are fast learners and adapt to any kind of job given some amount of time of training.

And that is all that is left or worth mentioning in my mind from the tour on Manila, that is significant to this subject. But of course I wouldn't forget the excitements, the fun and other memorable events that we had during the tour. But of course the best part of the tour will be that of the non academic such as in Subic, Baguio and other places. We also heard a lot of historical facts from the place that we toured but I can't remember most of them.
p1d
p1d

Male Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelieG Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:29 pm

Giangan, Angelie M.

THE MANILA TOUR

March of 2009, we departed Cebu for the Manila-Subic-Baguio Tour, a one week of learning and amusing moments, it is one of the highlighted events as a Computer Engineering Student. All of us cannot deny the fact that we all enjoyed it, have lots and lots and lots of fun. But it does not end there with only F.U.N we also learned something out of the tours from the different companies that we visited.
I will not forget the Microsoft Company, everyone does looked up to this company, it promises us to have a pass on their products and until now we didn’t receive the email. Another memorable thing that happened, I got a freebie too from Microsoft. The technology of the ON Semicon was stunning, how the IC was made, the procedures and process. The company was really hospitable and the speaker was a Carolinian. Our hopes were high that we will not be jobless after graduation since he told us "marami naman naghahanap dito sa Manila" that was uplifting. The ABS-CBN specifically WOWOWEE was kinda foul, yes it made the people laughed out loud but when the cameras are out they are so mean. It sounds like all their crews are very insensitive without considering, they don’t mind much on the emotion of the particular person they are sticking coz its the fun that really matters , it seems like they are hitting below the belt.
The experience is worth to remember, the culture of the people living there, the surrounding, the water that made my skin really peel and how polluted Manila is. The overall accommodation that the agency arranged for us was close to perfect, close because Subic was scary and the Baguio incident was a turn off, though it was the fault of the hotel and the Mom and Dad’s restaurant was not appetizing.

AngelieG

Female Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-03-08

Back to top Go down

ComE 522 - 2009 Manila Tour Empty Manila Tour - Adrian Borja

Post by AdrianDBorja Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:50 am

Adrian Borja
BS CompE SE 5

Our education tour last March 2009 was a memorable experience to all of us especially the Bus 2 with Engr Christian Maderazo. The one week tour was mixed with new learning, enjoyment on many different destinations, and the experience of being with friends on a new place, at least for me.

One interesting destination we had then was ABS-CBN Studio wherein we were toured around the studio and shown the different sets for different TV programs as well as their equipments such as cameras and the dynamic lightings. The tour showed us how busy the studio’s crew can be everyday since the sets were almost being redone everyday for the airing of the show the next day and the sets weren’t just props but also included electronics such as automated lightings.

Another venue we had that was interesting was Hitachi wherein we were shown their products of wafers for hard disks. We were also shown the process for entering clean rooms and why was it necessary. We found out that microchips were very sensitive to dust that is why laboratories need to be free from dust particles so persons entering such labs have to undergo air showers and wear a suit.

Another was Cutting Edge. For me, this was the best part since I personally is into graphic arts. I was amazed at their equipments of Wacom Cintiq tablet monitors that they used for constructing animes and advertising sequences. Though composed of a few staff, their works are paramount and revolutionary, knowing that the Philippines is somewhat behind in such fields than other countries. But Cutting Edge people are catching up.

Of course, a tour will not be complete without really enjoying a scenery, in our case, enjoying the cold temperature of Baguio and the picturesque Tagaytay. We would surely want to go back to those places someday.
AdrianDBorja
AdrianDBorja

Male Number of posts : 11

http://theseventhshadow.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristine Largosa Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:43 am

Manila Tour

One of the most sought after Batch activity is our Educational tour which took place last March 2009-April 2009. It was a one week tour in Manila and several other places aimed to have a good visit on different companies belonging to the same industry we will be working with in the near future and at the same time, get to visit and enjoy different spots, sceneries, destinations that Manila has to offer.

With the ample time allotted for the tour, we get to visit quite a number of companies; I will only mention a few which probably would be those who marked my memory both in a good and not so good way.

MERALCO, this was memorable since firstly, we get to relate with this since electricity has been one of our primary need, another is that, we get to study electricity from basics up to its applications and even get to play around with it in our projects. The history of MERALCO was impressive, from little stuffs that they do up to what they are now. Their museum was spectacular, as engineering students; we get to appreciate these things more. The representation/demonstration of the basic principles of physics, energy, electricity etc. was really remarkable.

The Cutting Edge, who would not want to know the people behind the MMFF movie entry DAYO; the graphics, edits and animations were superb. It will make you feel proud and brag that Filipino artists can now compete with international movies involving cartoon animations. And what’s more amusing is that, some of the commercials we see every day on television are made by cutting edge. It was truly inspiring.

The ABS-CBN, probably one of the most memorable visits we had. We are able to see the studios and other set up used in ABS-CBN shows that we use to see on our TV screens only. We knew some of the tricks that they do, like expansion of the studio as it is seen on TV screens through the cameras they use and also their paid daily audience. The wowowie experience also was invaluable.

We know that happenings may not be all good. I or the batch couldn’t forget how MAXIM Company humiliated us in our last visit. But it is just way too minute to ruin our moment. Our Baguio, Tagaytay, Subic, Enchanted Kingdom and many more topped everything off. It is one great experience that we will always remember.
Kristine Largosa
Kristine Largosa

Female Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

ComE 522 - 2009 Manila Tour Empty COME 522 - Manila Tour 2009

Post by tridescarf Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:51 am

Imperial, Thairell C.
COME 522 1:30-4:30 Monday

The tour in Manila was great. Memorable and educational at the same time. We went on different places, various companies, and several great spots. I had a really great time during that tour which includes meeting new people and getting to know more of my batch mates. The travel really tired me out, but at the end of the day, I'd learn many things beyond of what I really expect.

One great company that caught my attention was MERALCO. The 3 hour session with some of the staff from the company was really interesting. They discussed about how MERALCO manages the electricity around the whole Manila area, and how they maneuver there work on different areas of concern with regards to electricity consumption and distribution. We even had a tour inside their museum, showing us the spectacular history of MERALCO's birth, it's reinstatement after crisis and the service it done to the nation. Another cool company that moved me was PLDT, though the company had some quite confidentiality within the area because they did not allow us to bring digital gadgets with us, but still they welcomed us with warm smiles and even gave us a tour inside their telephone company. We also visited SUN Microsystems, which showed us new innovations in Java technology. They also inspired our Computer Networks major batch mates because they presented us opportunities that we can garner if we take license examinations from the company such as Java Certified Programmer licensing and System Administration licensing. We even had a coffee break! So neat! Another similar company we visited was Microsoft Philippines, in which they gave us cards that will allow us to download directly any applications from their company link, including new released Microsoft products, for free! We also visited CISCO, where they discuss the greater advantage of becoming a system administrator architect and the benefits that we will gain if we obtain the licenses from their company. They also reminded us that we will always be students no matter how old we are, because we have to learn things and study more if we really want to aim higher. Cutting Edge by far was the most coolest company I visited. I'm a big fan of cartoons and animations, though I never tried it myself. They were the guys behind the Philippine movie animation entitled "DAYO". The staff was small, but they pulled out something great despite the small number of people in their company. We also visited ABS-CBN, and I wasn't that really excited when we came there because I'm a fan of GMA 7, and the reason behind my appearance in the T.V. was just because I was after the price money. The facility they were using was also vast, which includes varying cameras and large studios. We even met a Carolinian graduate,who was also under Engr. Bandalan before, when we stopped by in ON Semiconductors, and how he miss ngohiong from Cebu. The company rooted from MOTOROLA and continued its operation further, with its vast facility in creating different types of materials, from IC's to transistors and operation amplifiers.

We also had the chance to eat in different dining areas listed in our itinerary, and had fun with our friends during the trip. The Enchanted Kingdom trip was one of the greatest places I've ever stepped on, as well as Mall of Asia and different malls on Manila. The Subic and Baguio trip was also great and memorable. I really had a great time during those days, and it was super fun.

tridescarf

Registration date : 2009-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Justine Chua Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:46 pm

Last March 2009. We had our educational tour. Our one week educational tour aimed for us to learn and enjoy at the same time. Within in one week of time, we visited different companies, tourist spots and shopping malls.

One interesting destination we had then was ABS-CBN Studio wherein we were toured around the studio and shown the different sets for different TV programs as well as their equipments such as cameras and the dynamic lighting. The tour showed us how busy the studio’s crew can be everyday since the sets were almost being redone everyday for the airing of the show the next day and the sets weren’t just props but also included electronics such as automated lightings. Also, another reason that made this destination interesting is that we were invited to join the WOWOWEE game show. Everyone enjoyed in participating and dancing in the studio.

Another interesting company that we visited is Cutting Edge. I found this company very interesting because I personally love to draw. Seeing their Wacom Cintiq Tablet monitors, I was amazed on how they constructed their anime and advertising sequences through the use of those monitors.
I was impressed on how this company is catching up to the technology of companies like disney and pixar.

After visiting the different companies in our tour, we also had a chance to enjoy and relax. We really had fun together in Enchanted kingdom, Subic and Baguio. We also had a chance to visit the different tourist spots in Manila. Also we had a chance to shop and chill at their famous malls.

Justine Chua

Male Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by baygas1 Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:03 pm

Raymond Joseph Villegas

We had our tour last March 2009 in Luzon, particularly in Metro Manila. We visited a lot of companies related to our future jobs, which is in the field of Computer Engineering. This tour was memorable and enjoyable in the sense that I almost forgot that it was an educational one.

The first company tour was in Microsoft in Makati CBD. They accommodated us in their office and give us a briefing in there company. They also gave us free softwares that are useful in software making. We also toured Meralco. The next day, we toured Sun Microsystems we're they discussed topics on how to be have certification to be a licensed Sun Microsystems programmer. We also went to an animation studio of Cutting Edge and have a hands-on use of their animation equipments. That day was our shopping day, we're we went to SM MoA and Divisoria to buy "pasalubong". Third day was special for us because we are touring to ABS-CBN Studios and watch Wowowee Live! Even though it was not related to an educational tour, it was fun to watch celebrities and enjoy the sights and sounds in the Wowowee studio. After that we continued the fun at Enchanted Kingdom. Fourth day was our last day in Manila. We toured Cisco Systems in Makati and we also went to Cavite to visit Toshiba and Maxims plant. After that we had a long trip to Subic and had an overnight there. Fifth day, we visited some parks in Subic and we had our lunch at Clark. We had a stopover there and bought some souvenirs and proceeded to a long trip to Baguio. Sixth day was the last day of the tour so we savor the time we had and have fun in Baguio and enjoyed the cool climate before we go home to Cebu.

The educational tour was a memorable one for me because I learned a lot particularly on how the computer industry work. It was more of an educational trip were I learned how to live away from home. It will be a memorable experience not only for me but to my colleagues in the USC CompE community.

baygas1

Registration date : 2009-12-06

Back to top Go down

ComE 522 - 2009 Manila Tour Empty Manila Tour

Post by AlvinLuther Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:34 pm

The Manila tour was indeed as educational as it is entertaining to me. I joined the Manila Tour last 2007. I got to know the people more during the tour for we were not all necessarily batch mates. We went together by plane to Manila. We were guided by a touring agency through central Luzon, Baguio, parts Southern Luzon, and Subic. Enchanted Kingdom was one of the memorable stops of our excursions. There we got to do all the crazy stuffs we rarely are able to do normally. The sights of Manila never ceased to be a spectacle though it was obvious if it weren’t for our air-conditioned buses we would be in unpleasant urban smog. There were too many occasion to have fun and relax from the buses we rode in and the hotels we were sleeping in to the souvenir shops and tourist spots we visited at.

Undeniably, it is extremely exciting and fun to be on tour with a lot of people you know, having it in a different place, even going to theme parks with them! But the educational value of our tour also didn’t go without merit. We visited a lot of companies in Luzon. Two of the most memorable ones were Hitachi and PLDT. Both not only exhibited excellent professionalism but provided us with warm and enlightening tours within their respective facilities. Hitachi developed semi conductors and integrated circuit sections in state of the art facilities. We got the feeling of standing on the edge of the twenty first century as we walk through their corridors. High precision robots were there to help create accurate results on several products. It was my first time to see for my self a clean room unit where not even a single dust particle was permitted in order not to damage the wafers. Staffs wore appropriate suits that brought the sci-fi ambiance to the entire facility. Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company is just as remarkable as well. The company like Hitachi has firm measures on the security of their plant. No electronic devices were allowed and there were specific portions of the hallways you must pass. All these restrictions were very much well compensated with the educational value of our visit as well as the highly hospitable employees assigned in guiding our tour. The rest of the time we visited several other companies related to our field as computer engineering students. The whole experience was a package. We got to be in suits we had never been in before. We got to see robotics and technology working at their best. We got to learn thing we wouldn’t normally learn in a typical classroom setting. Finally we got to feel what it means to be Computer Engineers.

Overall the tour, I believe was a success. It most importantly gave us a total view of what lies ahead of us. From the places that we could be, to the people we could meet, to the careers we might take, to the decisions we might decide on, and especially to the lifestyles we will eventually live. It also served as an affirmation to the relationships and bonds of friendships we had formed in our college years having done one big tour together within the context of being computer engineering students.

AlvinLuther

Male Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by atro_rob Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:48 am

Pepania Roberto Jr.

Last March 30- April 5 2009, was a week of excitement, fun and full of learning experience that happen into my college life. This was the week where we had our Manila tour together with our batch mate the COMPE2010’ers.
The days we spent on Manila was fun and interesting, like visiting one of the biggest telecommunications located in the Luzon area, the PLDT. It was amusing to see there control room, its like watching in close view the control room in the movie 'Minority Report'. It's so amazing to learn how a small and simple ways of communication from the past started and becomes big and complex.
To know how they organize things there in ABS-CBN and how hectic the schedule both for the artists and the employees just for a single t.v shows aired every day. It's amazing to learn that what you see on the television is not really what you can see in person, the studios aren't big like the studio in 'Wowowee' it's like the same size of the 2 rooms combine in the computer engineering rooms. The studios are used for 2 different shows like in the front is a noontime show aired on weekdays while on the back it's another studio aired on weekends for noontime show.
The Visit on ON SemiConductors was fun and intriguing to learn that they are one of the leading manufacturer of integrated circuits and other mini components found on a circuits boards.
In Microsoft they don't keep there words, they said they will give us free 1 year free downloads on there software but until know they didn't inform us on the free licensed software. It was disappointing.
In Cutting Edge it's so amazing and there drawing tools are so great. Everything is so hi-tech. Never in my mind that they are behind the Philippine Animation.

atro_rob

Registration date : 2009-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by ironmack Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:56 am

CHURCHILL PERUCHO

Last march 2009 we computer engineering students batch 2010 had our batch tour in manila. We visited a lot of companies. Among the companies that we had tour in was Microsoft, when we got there they oriented us about what Microsoft is and what is its goal for the next years and also the current program which the Microsoft is doing right now which is the quiz bowl challenge for different students from different universities. After the orientation Microsoft gave away freebies like pens and the free online tutorial of its products. We also visited the company Sun, in there we were oriented about the company and its programs, after doing orientation Sun also gave away freebies like pens and bags. Although not all the company that we visited were happy of our visit. A certain semicondor company was angry because we were late in coming in to there company. Although it was not our fault that we were late. It was due to Sun’s moving of our schedule and also because of the very heavy traffic manila has. Although we were allowed to get inside their building we were unable to get a tour of the whole semiconductor factory. But overall the tour was great, the faculty that we had on our bus which is Engr. Christian Maderazo was fun. Especially during our Lakwatsa on the day before our tour. We went to MOA and we ride the MRT. After getting out of the MRT we walk for a certain distance and then we had taxi going to the house were we stayed before the tour.

ironmack

Male Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down